Make an enquiry

Bishop's Move have years of experience in moving people and their property to and from Australia.

Our Australia removals experts have come up with this mini guide for relocation to Australia and to the UK from Australia.

Household Effects

Duty free entry is granted providing goods must have been owned and used abroad for 12 months or more preceding
owner’s arrival into the country. Owners can nominate a third party to clear their effects however this may incur extra
charges at destination. In this case the owner must arrive into Australia no more than 6 months later.

All household and personal effects entering Australia are subject to physical examination by the Australian Quarantine
Inspection Service (AQIS). Please see our checklist for items which may be of interest to AQIS and therefore subject to
additional cleaning / fumigation costs. All items must be thoroughly cleaned prior to packing however professional cleaning may still be required at destination.

Required documentation from client:

  • Australian customs form (B534)
  • Photocopy of passport photo and visa page. (Some ports require a full copy of each page .)

Motor Vehicles

All motorised vehicles including cars, motorbikes, motorised caravans, sit-on lawn-mowers and quad bikes must obtain
prior import approval. All motor vehicles are subject to duty and GST which is calculated on the value and age of the vehicle. Once the vehicle has been granted approval and imported, changes to the vehicle may be required to make it
compliant with Australian safety standards.

Sailing boats, non-motorised caravans, trailers etc can be imported duty and GST free however a vehicle import approval must still be sought prior to entry.

Any vehicle shipped without prior approval from the Australian authorities is liable for re-export or destruction and a possible fine of up to A$13,000.

Immediately prior to shipping, all motor vehicles must have their chassis and wheels steam cleaned and the inside valeted (if applicable.) Vehicles can only be shipped with a minimal amount of fuel in the tank.

Required documentation from client:

  • Australian customs form (B357) for motor cars
  • Vehicle registration form
  • Sales or purchase invoice , service record
  • Import approval


If you would like a pdf version, please click here. Find out more about our International Removal Services.