Once you have moved house there sometimes seems to be a myriad of things that need to be done to get your home up and running.
We have quickly put this simple list together of the “Top 5 Things to Do Once You’ve Moved In”, these are:
- Making sure your Gas/Electric/Water suppliers have your correct contact details and date you moved into your home.
- Setting up your phone line and Internet connection.
- Making sure your TV license for your property is in your name.
- Informing the council re payment of your Council Tax and Voting options.
- Finding out where the water shut off (stop cock) and electricity main circuit breaker is - in case of any emergencies.
Other things that will need doing reasonably quickly are:
- Making sure your banks, driving license, car registration, car insurance, home insurance and any other policies have your updated contact details.
- Testing any smoke detectors. (If you do not have any, fit some.)
- Discovering what all the keys that you have been left unlock, and if you feel it is required, have your main door locks changed.
Lastly, don’t forget to inform all your friends of your new address and home phone number.