Moving house can be one of the most stressful events you can undergo in a lifetime, especially over a festive seasonal holiday such as Halloween. As the date also coincides with many UK schools half-term holiday, it can be a popular time to move.
To avoid your house move becoming a nightmare, simply follow our top 10 ten tricks and treats and you’ll ensure that your move is a successful one.
- Whether your home is haunted of not, confirm the date of your move as soon as you can so that you can get deadly serious and start planning - read our fun Halloween moving checklist.
- We recommend that you get comparison quotes from a couple of removal companies to ensure that you get the best service for the right price and avoid any frightening experiences.
- Check that your insurance policy actually covers the move and protects your personal items from any unexpected supernatural events.
- 2-4 weeks before the move date, start to pack non-essential items such as books and out of season clothes into boxes – but don’t pack your Halloween costumes.
- Notify the relevant utility companies, banks and health care surgeries of your imminent move and remember to take final meter readings to avoid any ghastly surprises.
- Packing an entire house can be a scary proposition, so leave this to the trained removals team so that you can sit back and relax.
- If you can, arrange for someone to look after your “little horrors” (children and pets) on moving day, as they may find the excitement just too much.
- On the day, keep all important documents and valuables, including pumpkins, with you at all times
- Whether you are moving from Elm Street to Sleepy Hollow or anywhere else, make sure that the removals crew have the correct directions, and aim to get to the new home before them.
- Let the removals crew unpack, whilst you set up the pumpkins and get ready for your new neighbours to come “Trick or Treat-ing”.
If you follow these Top 10 Tricks and Treats you will ensure that you won’t be haunted forever by your move this All Hallow’s Eve.
Get a quote from Bishop’s Move before 23:59 on 1st November 2015 and be entered into a prize draw* to win a Whittard Toffee Apple Halloween Tea Caddy & Teapot.
*UK residents only