08 Mar 2013
Whilst International Women's Day is obviously a chance to reflect on women role models throughout the world, there is often no greater role model than your very own Mum - and Mother's Day in the UK is only 2 days away.
It's not too late to think of some ideas and ways of spoiling your mum this Sunday. There are some great last minute Mother's Day gift ideas at LastMinute.com, Notonthehighstreet.com and John Lewis to name but a few of the popular online stores. However, spoiling your mum does not need to cost a lot of money, there are also some great free ideas that you can do such as:
1. Make her breakfast in bed.
2. Set the table at lunch/dinner.
3. Make something crafty for your mum - check out Spoonful or Kaboose for ideas.
4. Go to your local National Trust property, or similar, for a relaxing day out.
5. Remember to tell her that you appreciate her - it means a lot.
If you are in the process of moving house this weekend, then it is highly likely that your Mum may be a little more stressed (than usual.).
Make sure your Mum has read our Moving House Checklist or our Guide to Taking the Stress out of Moving, so that she is prepared as she can be. If you can, make sure that you help with some of the packing/unpacking that may be required. Help to get organised and be in the right place at the right time. Plus, remember to keep the kettle out so that you can make a cup of tea.