- Keep your valuables (documents & jewelry) safe and carry them personally with you to your new home.
- Keep you pets calm, and ideally in a separate room, so they do not disappear or get in the way. Read our Moving with Pets guide for great advice on making the move less stressful for your pets.
- If your possessions are to be stored, remember to retain important items - passport, driving license, etc. Do not put perishable or flammable items into storage.
- Before the removals team departs, check that nothing has been forgotten. Responsibility is yours to see nothing has been moved in error or left behind.
- Ensure that the removals crew have the correct directions to your new house and a phone number to contact you.
- Arrive at your new property, with the keys, before the removal van so they can start to unpack straight away.
- Start unpacking and settling in to your new home.
If you have any questions about house moving, or would like further house removal advice, please contact your local Bishop's Move.
download Moving House Checklist PDF