Bishop's Move are not new converts to the 'green way' of doing business - we have been there from the beginning, over 165 years ago.
Our green ethos permeates every aspect of our day-to-day operations as removers, warehousemen, shippers, packers, general hauliers, distributors, freight-forwarders, property owners and landlords. To implement this Policy and to achieve our environmental objectives all of our staff use company processes and procedures that comply with and are certified to the requirements of ISO9001 Environmental Management Systems.
Here are some of the things that we do to turn our Environmental Policy into reality on the ground in all parts of our operations:
- Selecting vehicles on a life cycle cost basis that takes into account fuel efficiency, emissions, maintenance and repair costs.
- Minimising empty running by better planning.
- Operating a “full inflation” policy to ensure our fleet tyres are inflated to manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Fitting wind deflectors to all of our removal vehicles.
- Having a fleet replacement policy in line with London's Low Emission Zone requirements.
- Involving staff in recycling schemes for office and warehouse waste.
- Encouraging double sided printing for all internal printing and filing.
- Training drivers in fuel efficient driving strategies.
- Selecting suppliers and partners that have sound environmental policies.
- Working with our suppliers to get the best environmental results for both parties.
- Encouraging clients to use furniture recycling schemes with partners such as Green Works and Green Standards.
- Encouraging clients to use computer recycling schemes with partners such as Computer Aid International.
- We work with carbon consultants CLevel who can offset your the CO2 emissions of your move for as little as £1.90+VAT (£2.23).