Bishop’s Move have been undertaking museum relocations throughout its 160 years of removals and storage existence. The company has historically always performed quality business removal services and our experienced commercial relocation Service Team continue to be recommended.
Bishop's Move understands the delicate intricacies of a museum relocation. Throughout our own heritage we have moved collections at the British Library, the Victoria and Albert Museum, Edinburgh Maritime Museum and The McManus Art Gallery, as well as many private collections, including James Fisher Defence's collection of submersibles, to mention but a few.
No matter what the collection is - whether it is framed artwork, statues, a fossil collection, or a display of amphibians - Bishop's Move will provide the correctly trained staff with the appropriate skills, equipment and materials to make your museum relocation runs smoothly to your schedule deadlines and as risk free as possible. This is achieved by our thorough preparation, and planning processes enable us to fully understand your requirements and ensure that Bishop's Move provides you with a well-organised museum relocation service, from start to finish.
Our museum relocation services include:
- Professional Packing - We have trained art and antiquities handlers for the for safe transportation of collections.
- Specialised Containers - We provided the right containers for the safe transport and long-term storage of the collections and will have specialised packing cases created for items if required.
- Specialist Equipment - We have our own, or can hire, specialist lifting equipment to suit the museum working environment.
- Building Protection - We provided protection for walls, floors, route ways etc. in current and destination locations.
- Custom Services - Bishop's Move can enable works such as winching points, temporary staging etc. that are required to facilitate the safe movement of any collections.
- Installation of collections - We can provide porters to help install or relocate collections within the same building.
- Unpacking - Our trained handlers can unpack and place museum objects into their new home.
- Safe Storage - We can provide, or source, suitable secure storage for long or short periods of time.
London Fire Brigade Museum
The London Fire Brigade is relocating back to it's original location at the listed former headquarters on Albert Embankment. This is envisioned to take 3-5 years. Bishop's Move business relocation services have been listed to undertake the packing and wrapping of all the exhibits, as well as secure storage until the Museum is ready to re-open. This has involved our specialist packing teams to handle art and antiquities that require extra care, such as leather water buckets and glass water bombs designed to be thrown and put out a fire!
All museum relocations are obviously unique, dependent on many varying factors, so please email our Business Removals team at [email protected] or call 0800 616 425 to discuss your museum's move in greater detail.