Bishop's Move have 160 years of moving experience - over these years we have successfully moved a large number of antiques and framed artwork, even by horse and cart! Today we provide specialist antique moving services including professionally trained art handlers and the bespoke crating of artwork or heavy statues.
We never forget that antiques are often loved family heirlooms, as well as being valuable, so we always move them with the due care and respect they deserve. If you are moving your antiques, it is best to get in touch with your local Bishop's Move to ask for a Move Consultant to visit and assess your moving requirements.
Get a price for your house move in just a few minutes online!
Arrange for a free home moving survey with a professional Move Consultant from Bishop's Move.
Bishop's Move's packers are fully trained art handlers and they will ensure that your antiques are handled in a specific and specialised manner. Throughout the move we work closely with our customers, explaining how we intend to treat each antique and protect it for it's move. Antiques can either be packed and wrapped to export standard or crated in a specialist wooden crate depending on what is the best option for that item.
Here are some of our approaches to moving antiques:
- Moving china and glass antiques would take a thorough assessment and, if necessary, these items would be packed in a specialist wooden crate containing flow pack (poly chips) which will protect them from possible dangers.
- Antique furniture would be fully export wrapped as a minimum, ensuring that all weak points are protected. If the item is large and unwieldy this could also be crated, as this is a more stable way of moving delicate items.
- Paintings can be wrapped but the best form of protection is a crate. This way they are more secure and avoid the risk of possibly falling on something, maybe a stone on the floor which could damage it.
- Antique books are packed so that they do not move. For antique books and those of a great value, we can adapt other techniques to provide protection. This could include extra wrapping. We have plenty of experience, having moved many large library collections.
- Antique silverware is best protected in acid free paper. This can also be used to prevent tarnishing and if required these items would be crated.
If you have many antiques to move then the best option is to arrange a free home moving survey, so we can visit you at your home and discuss your antiques requirements. You can also be rest assured with the fact that Bishop's Move is one of the few removal companies that can offer you comprehensive removals insurance.
So whether you are moving a historic piece of art, a family heirloom or a modern masterpiece, Bishop's Move can ensure that your artwork or antique is handled with care throughout it's move.