Moving to Gibraltar Guide
Bishop’s Move have a branch in Gibraltar and have staff on site to help with anything you may require regarding your move. Whether you are moving to or from Gibraltar Bishop’s Move can help with your removal. Our service includes the wrapping and protection of your household effects.
What Can I Expect From Bishop’s Move?
Upon your initial enquiry Bishop’s Move will arrange a free home survey and provide a quotation for your move. Our expert staff will advise and support you on every step of your journey, providing you with help and advice. We will be able to provide help and assistance with the customs paperwork required for move to or from Gibraltar.
What Services Do We Provide?
We offer a range of removal services including the following:
We pack (or you can pack all small items into cartons yourself) your household effects, wrap and protect all the furniture and large items and then load on to our vehicle, we then travel to your new home at a date that is convenient to you. We unload, unwrap and place your consignment in your new home.
An unpacking service is also available*.
We pack (or you can pack all small items into cartons yourself) your household effects, wrap and protect all the furniture and large items and then load on to our vehicle. Your consignment is then taken to one of our safe and secure warehouses.
Our Operations team will agree a delivery time frame with you and once our delivery schedules are known we will confirm a delivery date. This is a more cost effective way of moving as you only use part of our vehicle, other consignments are also loaded on the same vehicle in order to share the cost.
We can also offer storage at origin or destination, should you require this service.
Getting to know your new country:
- English is the primary language though many residents do speak Spanish due to its close proximity.
- Famous for the Rock of Gibraltar.
- Time zone is CET (GMT + 1Hr)
- Gibraltar is British Overseas territory and since 1981 Gibraltarians have been granted British Citizenship.
- The official currency is the Gibraltar £. Many stores unofficially accept the Euro but payphones and the Post office of Gibraltar will not.
- The international dialling code for Gibraltar is +350
- The electrical supply is 230volts 50hz. Domestic appliances from the UK will not work /operate without a transformer.