Guide to Moving to Belgium
Whether your moving to or from Belgium Bishop’s Move can help with your removal. Our service can include the full export packing and wrapping of your furniture and personal effects, or you can chose to pack all the small items into cartons yourself prior to moving and leave us to protect your furniture.
What Can I Expect From Bishop’s Move?
Upon your initial enquiry Bishop’s Move will arrange a free survey and quotation. Our expert staff will advise and support you on every step of your journey, providing you with advise on the regulations and documents you will require.
What Services Do We Provide?
We offer a range of removal services including the following:
We pack, wrap and protect your furniture and household effects, then load onto one of our dedicated specialist removal vehicles. Our team then travel directly to your new home and deliver on a date that is suitable for you. We also offer an unpacking service.
Your furniture and household effects are packed and collected on an agreed date and then taken to our safe secure warehouse. Our team will then agree a delivery time frame with you and once a schedule is planned we will confirm a delivery date. This is a more cost effective way of moving as you only pay for a proportion of our vehicle.
We can also offer storage at both origin or destination should you require this service.
Getting to know Belgium:
- Officially known as the Kingdom of Belgium, it is a founding member of the European Union and host the European headquarters along with several other major international organisations such as Nato.
- Belgium has a population of approximately 11 million people.
- There are two main languages, Dutch speakers (mostly Flemish) and French mostly Walloons .
- The country is split into two regions Flanders (the Dutch speaking) to the North and Wallonia (the French speaking) to the south.
- The national dishes of Belgium are ‘Steak with fries and Salad’ & ‘Mussels with fries’.
- Belgium is famous for beer and chocolate.
- The biggest brewery in the world in terms of volume is Anheuser-Busch In Bev based in Leuven.
- Belgium has the second most number of wins of the ‘Tour de France’ after the French.