Moving to the UK from Europe Guide
Whether you are moving to or from the UK Bishop’s Move can help with your removal. Our service includes the wrapping and protection of your household effects.
What Can I Expect From Bishop’s Move?
Upon your initial enquiry Bishop’s Move will arrange a free home survey and provide a quotation for your move. Our expert staff will advise and support you on every step of your journey, providing you with help and advice.
What Services Do We Provide?
We offer a range of removal services including the following:
We pack (or you can pack all small items into cartons yourself) your household effects, wrap and protect all the furniture and large items and then load on to our vehicle, we then travel to your new home at a date that is convenient to you. We unload, unwrap and place your consignment in your new home.
An unpacking service is also available*.
We pack (or you can pack all small items into cartons yourself) your household effects, wrap and protect all the furniture and large items and then load on to our vehicle. Your consignment is then taken to one of our safe and secure warehouses. Our Operations team will agree a delivery time frame with you and once our delivery schedules are known we will confirm a delivery date. This is a more cost effective way of moving as you only use part of our vehicle, other consignments are also loaded on the same vehicle in order to share the cost.
We can also offer storage at origin or destination, should you require this service.
Getting to know your new country:
- The UK is made up of 4 constituent countries, England, Scotland , Wales & Northern Ireland.
- The UK has the 7th largest economy by nominal GDP and 8th largest based on purchasing power parity.
- The UK was the world first industrialised country
- The Total area of the UK is 94060 sq miles (243,610 sq km)
- Pound Sterling is the 3rd largest reserve currency in the world behind USD and the Euro.
- With population just shy of 59 million it is the 3rd largest in Europe.
- The arch from Wembley stadium can be seen from space
- Time Zone is GMT (CET-1)
- The electrical supply is 240v with 3 pin plug. Appliances from outside of the UK will not work /operate without a transformer.