Guide to Moving to the Netherlands (Holland)
Whether your moving to or from The Netherlands Bishop’s Move can help with your removal. Our service can include
the full export packing and wrapping of your furniture and personal effects, or you can chose to pack all the small items into cartons yourself prior to moving and leave us to protect your furniture.
What Can I Expect From Bishop’s Move?
Upon your initial enquiry Bishop’s Move will arrange a free survey and quotation. Our expert staff will advise and support
you on every step of your journey, providing you with advise on the regulations and documents you will require.
What Services Do We Provide?
We offer a range of removal services including the following:
We pack, wrap and protect your furniture and household effects, then load onto one of our dedicated specialist removal
vehicles. Our team then travel directly to your new home and deliver on a date that is suitable for you. We also offer an
Your furniture and household effects are packed and collected on an agreed date and then taken to our safe secure
warehouse. Our team will then agree a delivery time frame with you and once a schedule is planned we will confirm a
delivery date. This is a more cost effective way of moving as you only pay for a proportion of our vehicle.
We can also offer storage at both origin or destination should you require this service.
Getting to know The Netherlands:
- 20% of the countries land mass is below sea level and Nederland literally translates as ‘Low Country’.
- In 2011 The Netherlands was ranked the world ’s happiest country.
- The Netherlands has 20 National parks.
- It has one of the lowest rates of un-employment in Europe.
- It has a population of approximately 16.7 million people making it the 11 most populous country in Europe.
- The official language is Dutch, though most people are bi-lingual as English is taught from primary school along with 2 other languages usually French and German in secondary school.