Haunted House Moving Checklist
by Louise Dunckley, 31 October 2017
Have you ever imagined what it would be like to move a haunted house at Halloween? It's a fact that, moving house is one of the most stressful things you can undertake in a lifetime however it doesn't have to be a nightmare! To move haunted house successfully you have to be deadly serious. So who yer going to call - Bishop's Move!
With this in mind we've put together this fun moving house checklist so that all haunted house owners can as prepared as the rest of our customers when moving home this All Hallows' Eve:
6-8 weeks before Moving
- Confirm the date of your move so it is official.
- Check that your haunted house insurance covers your move. Bishop's Move can offer removals insurance options to protect your house move from any unexpected supernatural events.
- Obtain written quotes from several removal firms - this does not have to be in blood, email confirmation will suffice. make sure that they are all affiliates of the British Association of Removers (BAR).
- If you need space to store coffins, or other furniture items, ask the removals company about their spooky storage solutions.
- Notify the relevant utility companies of your imminent departure.
- Start to De-clutter and Donate any unwanted items, as we will collect them on the day of your move and give them direct to charity. Please check the list of required items, as skulls are not usually accepted.
2-4 weeks before Moving
- Start packing non-essential items such as books and non-seasonal clothes into boxes.
- De-register from your doctor, dentist and optician if you're moving to a new area.
- Arrange for your post to be forwarded (you will be charged a fee for this service).
- Arrange for someone to look after all ghosts and ghouls, as well as pets and/or children on the day of the move.
- Finalise arrangements with your removal company. Confirm arrival times and make sure your removers have directions to your new address.
- Arrange key collection for your new haunted home ideally from the estate agent.
- Make sure all bank details and payments are correct.
The Day before Moving
- Set aside an area for items, such as coats, handbags, kettle NOT to be moved by the removals company
- Dismantle any awkward or large pieces of furniture
- Make sure the fridge/freezer is defrosted and contains no food or drink
- Leave the trained removals crew to pack all fragile items, such as glasses or carved pumpkins
- Ensure everything has been packed before leaving your old haunted home, especially check the attic
- Make sure no poltergeists have moved anything in error.
- Ensure the removals crew have directions to your new home, and get there before them.
And the last thing on the moving checklist for all haunted house owners - arrange for an exorcist!
Please note: this moving house checklist is fictional content created solely for entertainment this Halloween.